Thursday 14 February 2013

MAC Plumful




It has taken me a while to test out the offerings from the MAC lipstick collection. On a recent trip to York, not being one to pass up a trip to the MAC counter, I decided to part ways with fourteen pounds and picked up this beautiful shade.

I love plum and berry shades. They are a way to spice up your make up look without being too dramatic.  This shade is the perfect mix of plum and pink, not too light and not too deep. The colour starts of being quite sheer when you first apply but the colour is buildable for a stronger statement.
The staying power is brilliant, and I found I only needed to top up a few times throughout the day to just build on the colour. I found a lip brush allowed me to be more precise and made outlining the lips that much easier.

MAC Plumful £14



The finish is quite glossy, and is perfect for everyday wear. I usually prefer a matte look lip, but with the weather leaving my lips quite dry, this lipstick was a great alternative. The texture is smooth and didn't cling to problem areas. Popping on a layer of lip balm before hand, provides a great base for the colour.

There are so many other shades that I want to try from this range and for fourteen pounds I think its a cheaper way to get that MAC fix!

Which shades would you recommend for perfect every day wear?

D.x

No comments:

Post a Comment