Friday 7 December 2012

Leeds We Meet Again





Last weekend in Leeds was amazing. the day started off with a little nail TLC. Finally tried the Opi Lincoln Park at Midnight, a gorgeous deep purple, almost verging on black. I always opt for Opi at nail salons as it is the done thing isn't it, a little bit if luxury on a cold Saturday morning. I treated my mum to a new set of acrylics for her birthday and she chose the same colour as me.
A perfect shade for all is what I say, age does not matter where nails are concerned.

 




Boarding the crappy little train from York to Leeds was extremely mundane however did not put a dent in my mother's friend's spirits when they cracked open a bottle of bubbly. Now call me old but drinking before twelve is a strict no no for me! Those bubbles would go straight to my head! To cut a long story short that day was full of shopping, eating and cocktails!
 
 
The apartments at Residence six were amazing, so amazing that I would want to live there! The bathrooms were gorgeous, equipped with Molton Brown goodies, fluffy white towels and our own bathrobes. Even the  fridge was already filled with things for breakfast the next morning. Every detail counts when booking into accommodation and we even got a late checkout for the next day! I would recommend staying here if you ever fancy a trip to Leeds, it is very true that you get what you pay
for.



For the night out I decided to be a little more daring then usual in this little Topshop black number. I rarely show off up top but I fell in love with this dress as soon as I saw it. With a deep, plunging neckline, in mesh, it was little more or should I say less then I would normally sway towards. I am a strong advocate of the skater style skirt, and this dress did not let me down. The imprinted design on the dress is lovely, and adds slight detail without being gharish. It was a win in my eyes. I added a pair of black opaques, a smokey eye and some heels and I was ready to go!

We stopped off at The Living Room, Browns, The Slug and Lettuce (who can resist two for one cocktails) before ending up in some club that I cannot seem to remember the name. All in all it was a great night, the walk back to the apartments however was not...no coats, in heels, in minus two weather is never a good combination!

Do any of you have any exciting trips away before the new year??

D.x

No comments:

Post a Comment