Monday 26 November 2012

Topshop Nevada Lipstick

I have been lusting after a nude lipstick for a while now that would avoid the washed out- corpse look that most nude lip colours leave me with. I have been wanting to try a Topshop lipstick for a while now so picked up Nevada and here is my verdict...

The texture of this lipstick is very creamy, and the key is to blend the colour into your lips to get that even, flawless finish. I found using a lip brush to apply the colour made it the application process a lot easier and I could line my lips perfectly. The lipstick lasts throughout the day and I think looks better once it has worn away a tad as it gives more matte finish rather than the initial gloss effect when first applied.



I would recommend keeping your lips in tip top condition when using this product as light lip shades have a tendency to reveal chapped skins and imperfections.


The colour itself is a warm nude and once blended, is a very subtle shade. When wearing this lipstick I added smokey eyes, as the lip colour is subdued and allows the lips to take a back seat when other areas can then take centre stage. This lipstick has a very 60s vibe allowing for a understated lip. I added a dusting of powder to my lips to mattify and maximise the staying power of the colour.



The packaging of Topshop products is cute and simple. Although due to the white casing, it can become a little grubby if it is left to roll around in the bottom of your make-up bag!


After trying this product I am very keen to test out a few other shades from the range, especially Whimsicle and the lip crayon in Arcade. I think Topshop make-up would make lovely little stocking fillers, and hope I will be waking up on Christmas morning to a few little goodies from this range.

Have you tried any of the Topshop beauty range, what did you think?

D.x

2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great shade, might have to treat myself! I've got Whimsical and I love it x

    srslylou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try that :D i really like that colour.

    -Maisy x

    undecidables.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete