Sunday 14 October 2012

The Search for the Perfect Foundation

Mosaic
1. Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions
2. MAC Studio Fix
3. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid
4. Estee Lauder Double Wear
5. YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat



1. Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions
I bought this foundation after previously trying the Clinique Super balanced make up, which I had been impressed with but sometimes looked a little cakey on my skin in dry areas. The Anti Blemish solutions was lighter in texture and had a runnier consistancy. I apply my foundation all over my face as I like a full coverage. When I first started using this product, I was impressed but I found myself using a lot of this product in one go.  To get the full coverage I prefer, I needed to apply two layers to my skin and if my skin was a little dry the product stuck and made the finish very powdery. I bought this product in Shell, the lightest shade in this range however sometimes the finish looked slightly yellow and was not a true match to my skins. As for covering up blemishes and red areas this product delivered. It evened out my skin-tone really well and I was impressed. the squeezy bottle meant I had little control over how much came out the bottle, often leading to excess which was wasted away with a tissue, not good for a girl on a budget!

Overall I liked the product but the more I used it the less it seemed to fulfil what it said on the bottle and didn't last me as long as other high end foundations. I think this product would work well on slightly darker skin tones which need less coverage.

2. Mac Studio Fix
I wanted to try a MAC foundation for as long as I can remember. Without a MAC counter close enough to get to, on a whim I ordered from the buy and collect at House of Fraser. Message to all, never do this! Always go get matched at a counter! For some one who pretty much guessed which shade she was I didn't do too badly! However with different facial tone categories that MAC grade by, I think I may have picked up one that didn't compliment me as much! I bought shade NC15 which was slightly yellow on my skin when I think I would reap the benefits of a rose based shade. The foundation gave me very good coverage but took a while to blend in with a brush. I would end up with harsh lines on the jaw line that would need extra blending. To get maximum results I would recommend moisturising heavily before using this product as it sticks to problem areas such as blemishes and dry patches. I found this left my skins a little dull looking if I didn't use primer beforehand. This product would be perfect for someone who is blessed with perfect skin who likes a full coverage! I would try MAC again once I was matched up at a counter!

3. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid
I bought this foundation on a whim in Boots as it was cheap and cheerful and needed a foundation there and then. I used this once and was less than impressed. It left my skin feeling oily, made my face look greasy and shiny, and even the lightest foundation was far too dark for my skin. Lets say i was less than impressed with this product and didn't suit me at all. However for the price and for the person with the right skin I think it would tell a whole different story. My little sister uses this product daily and looks lovely on her when she blends it in right! The colour is right, doesn't look shiny when set with powder and lasts all day! What a difference a different face makes!

4. Estee Lauder Double Wear
I love love love this foundation. The shade Shell is perfect for my skin tone, it offers amazing coverage without looking too done and lasts a long time for someone who uses foundation like its on tap! This foundation is a little more expensive than some of the other brands but it is completely worth it. When using this product I would say primer is a god send as it offers a good base for a high coverage foundation and leaves the skin silky smooth. I use Rimmel Fix and Protect primer and Benefit's Porefessional. I would buy this product again.

5. YSL Touche Eclat
This is my most recent foundation purchase and I absolutely love it. This is the first foundation that has matched my skin perfectly without flaw. It feels almost weightless on the skin and leaves a dewy finish which I am surprised I like as a matte girl at heart. The only issue I have is that sometimes it is a little too dewy, but nothing a powder touch up or two won't fix. Even though it is very light on the skin, I find myself using less than other products, a little goes a long way with this foundation! With the pump lid, it is easy to control how much foundation is being dispensed so next to none is wasted. I would recommend this foundation to anyone who wants to try something different, you may be surprised with the effects like I was!

What is your favourite foundation, have you found the perfect one for you?

D.x

2 comments: