Monday 29 October 2012

Busy Bees

This past week has been crazy! Being busy would be a true understatement. Last weekend me and my girlfriends flitted to Leeds for the night for a belated birthday treat (I turned 22 in September). It was lovely getting away to a big city for a change. For some reason I was bumped up to first class on my train there which was a lovely surprise to start off the weekend.  We stayed at the Hilton Hotel and the room was lovely. We had a minor incident with the shower overflowing, not good when there is four girls trying to get ready to dance the night away but we overcame it like the little troopers we are. I was amazed by the new Topshop that had opened in the Trinity Centre. The stock was amazing and I wanted so much but then again so did every other shopper out that day. The store was full of people making it very hard to browse and for the first time in my shopping history I came out empty handed!






That night we went out for cocktails and a dance. We ended up in a German bar at the bottom of a set of stairs. They played all the oldies and people were dancing on the tables and generally enjoying themselves, deffinately in need of a revisit when I go back in December.





I was exhausted when I got back home but had to unpack and then re-pack for my visit to Carlilse for a Miss Selfridge store opening the next day. Another night away from home this time staying in a less than glamorous Travelodge. The bathroom was like something out of a Hospital, a far cry from the Hilton I can tell you! Not one to complain... I had to make do, and so I did.




The rest of the week has been spent working and staying at the boyfriend's house. It feels like I have been living out of a bag and on Wednesday we are off to York for a couple's night away. I love York, especially in Winter time. It is a lovely place to walk around and there is loads of nice places to eat and drink. This little trip is something I have been looking forward to for ages. I must remind myself to actually take pictures so I can do a post! I can be quite forgetful and then kick myself after when i think of a post idea!

So that was just a little run down of what I have been up to and shamelessly trying to excuse myself for the lack of posts!

D. x




No comments:

Post a Comment